Thursday 21 June 2007

Welcome to my new venture!

My friend is watching over my shoulder as I type this first post. I am not quite sure how to start or what to tell you. I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I am very fond of this city of ours. Our suburb is called Eltham, and was once known as the artist's colony of Melbourne. Many of the Australian impressionists painted around this area. Heidelberg, Warrandyte and Eltham itself. It is also a very heavily treed area and I get annoyed when I hear the chain saws start up, as I love my trees!


We are not long back from our latest overseas trip, to Britain and America. I finally got to meet a cousin with whom I have been corersponding for years, in Boston, and it was absolutely wonderful. Dedham, which is a suburb of Boston, is just like a 1950s movie set. I came over all Doris Day one day, it was all so beautiful. All that snow, and I could hear her singing By the light of the silvery moon as she skated around with Gordon MacCrae.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Helen, welcome to the blogosphere and the wonderful world of blogging and blogging friendships. From Gina's description of you on her blog, you and I seem to have a lot in common - the community newsletters the possibility of having within The Book. I hope you enjoy blogging as much as Gina and I do and I hope to meet you before too long.

Blessings and bliss

Jeanette said...

Hi Helen,Welcome to the world of blogging. My Daughter lived in Eltham and I used to live in Viewbank, till we shifted to the country.I hope you will enjoy blogging, ill be back to follow your progress.

Sharon said...

Hi there Helen,

Welcome to this 'mad' place... I hope you find this blogging lurk as enjoyable as our mutual friend does... I am not as prolic as I used to be due to life on this side of the screen but I do still love to read all the goings on...
P & I are still buying books like silly things... I will certainly spoilt for choice if ever I get to retire with my eye sight is still intact...

Gina E. said...

Righto Helen - what more encouragement do you need?? Come on, do your stuff and get typing! These ladies would like to know you better!