Thursday 12 July 2007

Sunny days, possums and rain

Hello out there in blog world! We now have a possum trap in situ on our roof, near the inlet the possums have been using to settle inside our roof each day, and in the wee small hours of the morning. I wonder if there will be anything in it tomorrow!

It was a perfect day here in Eltham yesterday. Cold, but warm sunshine when one could find a corner to bask in it. I took myself off to Warrandyte on the Yarra River, and spent a little bit pf time enjoying a cup of coffee in the sunshine. Fortunately I had put the washing out (how exciting I can hear you thinking!) but, the dark clouds were gathering as I was leaving Warrandyte. it didn't actually rain, so he and I spent some time planting things in the garden, and nearly freezing in the process. My digits were numb!

Today? Well, very dull and gray, and raining at the moment. We are still catching water in a huge wheelie bin, but by the time we need to empty it the ground is too wet, so Ray swings in another wheelie bin to store the overflow! All this means that, with our recycling programme here in Eltham, I don't have access to a couple of bins, essential for doing the right thing by the environment. Honestly!

Friend Gina and I had coffee this morning, and managed to set the world to rights. We wish!

Am going to try and post a picture of our garden, now.

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Keep up the good work! But I'm sure you can take a better photo than that of your garden! I like the section just outside the back door, where all the pots and bulbs are. Be lovely when the bulbs flower!
Coffee by the river at Warrandyte? Call me next time!! Beats Alta Vista...

Jeanette said...

Hi Helen, Hope you caught the possums getting into your roof, in the middle of the night they sound like there wearing hobnail boots.My Daughter used to live in Eltham and im ex Veiwbank before moving northern Victoria